20101226

When it comes to you

I'm afraid I'll walk away only to realise where I was is where I'm meant to be.

Everyday, everyday there's something wrong. Another problem, another situation. And everyday I'm falling behind in solving them. So they build up. All the problems, all that's wrong, they build up and they bury me until I can't get out from under.
It's not something that slowly creeps onto you. It's not as if, it starts at your toes, and sneaks up slowly to the rest of your body until, before you know it, it's taken over all of you. No, it's not like that at all. It hits you, hard, fast, unexpectedly. Overwhelms you before you've got time to set up your defences so you're left out in the open, vulnerable. You're true colours showing, emotions burning raw.
If she's hurting you'll see it. You'll see it in her eyes, her clenched fists. You'll see it in her fake smile, her distant glances. You'll see it in every 'I'm fine.' Every 'I'm just a bit tired.' You'll see it if you're looking because if there's one emotion you can't hide, it's sadness.
'I can't wait to hate you,
Make you pain like I do,
Still can't shake you off,
I can't wait to break through.'

No comments: